The International Food Information Council is on a mission to help today’s eaters understand the science behind our food and how to make healthy, informed dietary choices.
We are always looking for:
- Communications professionals with a passion for food and nutrition
- Science “nerds” who want to help people understand the role of evidence in making good decisions about food and health
- Digital content managers and social media gurus with a flair for the creative
- Registered dietitians, food scientists or toxicologists who like to explain the science behind the food we eat
- Multi-taskers who thrive in a dynamic environment that’s rarely the same from one day to the next
If that’s you, send us a note to tell us who you are and how you can help!
Nutrition and Research Coordinator
IFIC seeks an individual to join our professional staff as a full-time Nutrition and Research Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in nutrition, health sciences or communications
- At least 1 year of work experience in a health-related field
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting health-related research findings
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential is preferred, but not required
The ideal candidate will also be qualified to perform the following duties:
- Assist in the planning, developing, implementation and evaluation of IFIC’s nutrition and research goals and projects
- Support IFIC’s nutrition team by creating various forms of written and visual content
- Support IFIC’s research efforts by assisting with visual aspects of data presentation and reviewing and analyzing research findings
- Assist in project management for various nutrition and research projects
- Assist with background research on target audiences and potential external partners for projects
- Support the scheduling, organization and coordination of meetings and forums
- Assist in development of IFIC’s annual report
- Contribute ideas for nutrition team and research strategies and projects
- Contribute key activity updates to IFIC’s monthly member newsletter
- Perform other duties as assigned
Proficiency in applications like Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word and data/information visualization (creation of charts, graphs, videos, infographics, memes) is highly desirable. This position will report to the Director, Nutrition and Research Communications and will initially be remote due to COVID-19 precautions. The ideal applicant should be based in the Washington, DC, metro area.
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sylvia Rowe Fellowship
The Sylvia Rowe Fellowship Award was established as a tribute to the former International Food Information Council (IFIC) and IFIC Foundation President & CEO, Sylvia B. Rowe. The Award was created to help deserving individuals further enhance skills in the area of nutrition and food safety communication. The goal of this award is to develop the recipient’s nutrition and food safety communication skills that he or she can and will apply to communicating nutrition and food safety information to the public in an academic setting, professional situation (either for-profit or nonprofit sector) or other public venue.
The recipient will be awarded an 8–12 week paid internship ($600 per/week) at the IFIC/IFIC Foundation offices in Washington, D.C.
Click here to learn more about how to apply for the Sylvia Rowe Fellowship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The International Food Information Council (IFIC) is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not unlawfully consider an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, sex, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, or any other protected category in any employment decision. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, assignments, promotions, compensation, associate benefits, associate discipline, and discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment.